Wednesday 22 January 2020

SoundWordsDive

I realize now that just because a blog has a lot of posts doesn't mean it says a lot.
I was trying to say the most, using the least amount of words.
Twitter style.
This blog has A LOT of key substance in it.

Many of my readers are only so because they might get mentioned.
Are you looking for assurance from someone who begrudgingly lives for you?
The Pink Lavalamp's Genie.
I was granting wishes back then!
IN FRONT OF NIGGAS!

Let me not look back.

And fuck.
This blog is turning into a personal blog.

I would talk about modern music, but nothing is exciting.
Megan's cool, but I don't want to fall victim to her curves.
Meaning, talk about her and piss off any female who wants my attention.

I need a Gatorade.
Fighting a cold dehydrates me.

It's almost 2am.
Kevin (my roomate) is about to get ready to go to the gym.
Hey, if he's lying, he doesn't owe me an explanation.

I am, as always, very proud of my new music.

The problem I have is, I don't know what to play for people first.
I been working on a whole bunch of "play this first"s type albums.
The Virgin Suicides is pretty much the best album to open the discussion with.
Humor, horror, drama, suspense.

The 5 Boroughs of New York reflect the types of songs in all music.

You have hits (Manhattan), love songs (Queens), aggression songs (Brooklyn), social songs (The Bronx) and psychedelia (Staten Island).
I'm sure someone is gonna interchange The Bronx with Staten Island.
But no New Yorker has any real experience with Staten Island, other than randomly taking the ferry.

SI is beautiful.

Then there's Long Island, which is every music business exec.

I'm glad I can say I was raised in NYC.
I'm happy to be from Cleveland.

As devilish as I am, there are 5 boroughs of worse than me.

That helps me sleep at night.

When I have a roof over my head.






-so mote it be

No comments:

Post a Comment