Thursday 2 January 2020

dontwantnobody

Plenty of new music.
I did another collaborative project with Enjetic.
He's a very hungry MC, and soon he could be changing his rap name to Era.
Which is a cool name.

But we have this one song that is INSANE.
He's rapping about getting his heartbroken, and I'm telling HIM that we have to focus on making money.
A literal situation, but it's usually ME talking about the heartbreak and someone else telling me to get the money.

Great record.

Also, thanks for the love of PastLove.
It's (yet another) personal for me, because I'm closer to Daft Punk than I could imagine.
Same with Sade.
However, I'm willing to side with the ignorant and say that Daft Punk and Sade define my sound and style.

Just don't try to be my friend when The Taylors/Hobbys and The Lipscomb acknowledge their being as DP/Sd.

I was given a courtesy cup of coffee from 7/11!
Wasn't a big cup, but it's just enough to keep me going hyperspeed.

There is indeed a bidding war right now for me amongst the labels.
Almost like the first time, Atlantic is in the lead.
Def Jam is ambiguous.
Interscope is waiting in the wings.
Sony is dragging their feet.
However, I definitely have Dr. Dre's number.
And I definitely called it.
And I definitely left a message.

I'm sure y'all know how dear to me Dr. Dre is.
In any context (Yardie Gyal/God/marijuana psychiatrist).

I'm in love with #TheMidnightSociety, so I'm gonna bump that for a lil minute.
I might blog some more later.

If not,

Happy Halloween.





-so mote it be

No comments:

Post a Comment