Wednesday 20 May 2020

Deep, Deep Trouble!



I played this song for VSDiamond, and she was speechless.

I have a story about The Roots.

That originates in FDA.

Whether Mrs. Hamilton, Jr. is ?uestlove and Black Thought is DEAD my boss or not, HchO (my "pops") sampled "Break You Off".

Now, he didn't chop the shit out of it, but... he chopped the shit out of it.

I just didn't see it.
I saw him play the chops.

A week before... nah, like... a little while before then...
Nah.

That school year (2004), NFO/Demevolist ran the school with their music.

Shalayna Greene was a part of the "All We Got" project.

HchO sampled Miss Greene on an MPC 3000.
She sang the hook live.

My 3rd eye saw her crying profusely.

In the (fuckinnnggggggggg...) lazer tag game of keeping professional as a "wild BOI", I ended up walking with Shaylana Green and Jackie dead-dont-pause-me-for-forgetting-your-last-name.
Passed this effervescent gust from the dry cleaners and Associated Supermarket.
Conversation was all that.

Babe, I dead can't elaborate, because I'm about to elaborate.

I just blacked.

And got more to go.

Black Thought came up in a few conversations while Demevolist transitioned from high school clique to Interscope/Universal Artist Development Company.

So did Shalayna Greene.

Black Thought got love.

I was the one that asked about Shalayna Greene.

I might've seen her too, at Kia P(_)nn's birthday party.

I was smacked.

But yeah.

I think this sick feeling in my stomach I get about FDA (please don't) comes from being the one to ask about Shalayna (and Kia).

Fast forward, 2015.

I was in LAX with my mom.
I've had my share of problems with my mom.
The calming factor led to a disturbance in The Netherworld (listen to any song).

I'm on the sidewalk with mom, having a cig, and... here comes Black Thought.

I doubted it was him, but didn't want to give off bad vibes.

But... if you're just tuning in, I was on a 4or trip.

Meaning, if you aren't Jack, George or Dilla, fuck you.

You just gon have to take those, y'all.

But yeah.

Mom and I walk into baggage claim, and... there he is again.

I'm not shading him.
I just don't want to deal with what me being wrong about him being Black Thought could mean.

On "Boy Who Played With Barbie", I had a heated discussion with someone I thought was 2Chainz.
It's recorded on "Level Up".

The story of the war between ?uestlove and I is well-documented.
At least on my part.

But nice is nice.

I've been sleeping on ?uesto, and I don't say anyone is nicer than me.
I'm just insecure.

The very vulnerability to lose any match.

I love J Dilla.

And I'm not trying to lose his favor.
Or love in general.

J Dilla is as worthy of worship as I am.
Same with Madlib.

?uesto being up there, honestly, enrages me.

Black Thought being what Drake is becoming, (strangely) bothers me.

I am currently listening to CommonxHi-Tek, "Tekzilla".

VibeItOut, y'all.





-so mote it be

No comments:

Post a Comment