Wednesday 15 July 2020

Heavy's Workout (a freewrite)

As much as I don't want to need to hold your hand,
I'm right here.
I will be learning from you,
As much as I will not be teaching you.
Still, our common ground is what makes us opposites.
You read plays.
I write them.
Holy shit!
You're writing plays!
Awesome, dude!

I'm learning how to sight read.
I can write... yeah. I can write music.

I have the credentials to be a Mastering Engineer.
You can play QB, HB, WR, TE, RB, DE...

...and that's just football!

I was always told not to engage in too much physical activity.
I was a pretty boy.
My looks made me money.


As far as modeling.


I would excersize in my room.
Uncountable pushups and situps.
Whilst I listen to WWF songs, or BIg Pun or LL Cool J.
I would shadowbox.
Get my hands faster.
I would work on stamina.

Truth be told, if I had spent more time working on music than preparing for self-defense, I'd feel a lot better about these days.

These days, everyone is J Dilla.
These days, no one can jam.

Sonic is in our hearts.
SEGA is in our blood.
Reverence for them is nothing.


Tolerance, being a factor, is bewildering.



If you're learning from me, know this:

MAKE SURE you love someone if you have to let them go.


BigHeav!

Hopefully I'll get to see you one day.

"YOU'RE DISMISSED!!!"




-so mote it be

No comments:

Post a Comment